Longaberger is very familiar to me. I think if I knew that you could make money with Longaberger I might be rich. You see, growing up I accompanied my mother as she purchased the Longaberger company baskets and searched flea markets and antique stores for the coveted retired Longaberger baskets. Our lives, for several years, was consumed by the Longaberger products. From picnic baskets to wrought iron basket holders and stair baskets, my mother, I swear, has the collection of all the mother load of Longaberger Basket collections.
My mother must have made the Longaberger Basket Distributor in our area rich. She had to have. I’m excited to look at the Longaberger Compensation plan just to see how much money she could have made has she decided to sell the Longaberger Baskets rather then sell them.
I remember when she went to the Longaberger factory store and came back with the Longaberger baskets catalog all marked up with every Longaberger basket that she still needed to add to her “retirement collection.”
Did you have any idea that they made baskets for sitting on the back of your toilet?
She was thrilled when she visited the Longaberger Homestead and took the Longaberger basket building class and got the Longaberger kids (not sure if it was Tami Longaberger or not) to sign her Longaberger Baskets while she was visiting.
When my mother was buying Longaberger pottery and linens to match her baskets, there wasn’t as much of an online presence as there is today. She bought her baskets directly from the home parties and/or from the flea markets.
It’s amazing how much value the Longaberger baskets hold IF you know the right people to sell to.
In today’s Longaberger basket world, I’m sure you would be wise to learn a little bit about how to manage online traffic and get those Longaberger lovers to your website so that you can make money from the Longaberger Opportunity rather than people buying them from somewhere else.
I was very surprised to hear that Longaberger was a multi level marketing company (as I was when I heard Avon, Mary Kay was too. Even Pampered Chef is a mlm these days!)
Naturally, I wanted to add these to my mlm reviews website and if you are looking into the Longaberger business opportunity and wondering how you can make money with Longaberger (www.longaberger.com), you are in the right place.
I will go over the “Dream Builder Plan” (aka the Longaberger Compensation plan) and try to help you understand the complexity that comes with a mlm company comp plan.
But, before we get too in depth, I want you to check out what my millionaire mentor Brad has to say about mlms even though he has made over $20,000 a month (yes…a month) in the mlm industry. He’s left it and here’s why:
Now…if you’re hear finding out about the Longaberger mlm opportunity, it’s likely that you want a way to make extra money from home or online.
I completely get that.
I seriously hope you consider the Job Killing opportunity that Brad is talking about before you drop the money bomb on the Longaberger Opportunity because I know that value in the program Brad is selling.
I’m in it.
I’ve made thousands.
And you can too.
Please schedule a call if you seriously want to invest in knowing a solid way to make money from home.
If you still want to know about the Longaberger Business Opportunity, no problem.
I’m definitely going to cover it.
The Longaberger Company and Product
J.W. Longaberger was an apprentice with the Dresden Basket Factory back in 1919 and closed during the Great Depression. J.W. Longaberger continued building baskets with a drive and passion that eventually purchase the Dresden Basket Factory located in Dresden, Ohio.
In 1973 one of the Longaberger kids opened up a handwoven basket store and began selling them in 1978 in home shows and using the multi level marketing business plan. (aka direct sales or network marketing company).
One of the unique aspects of the Longaberger Basket Company is that they sign and date the baskets as they are made. This is something my mother was neurotic about checking for authenticity.
The Longaberger Company (if you already haven’t figured it out) makes baskets….but that’s not all. They also sell basket holders, night lights, basket liners in cloth and plastic, wooden lids for the baskets and a lot more.
Their ability to look outside of the “Basket” box and expand in areas that all revolved around the basket loving community allowed the Lonagberger company to grow from a small local company to over a $100 million dollar multi level marketing superstar by the end of 2012.
Longaberger has over 45,000 independent consultants or home distributors just in the U.S. alone.
One of the more interesting things is that the Longaberger Basket headquarters is the shape of a basket…something my mother was thrilled to see.
There has been some conspiracy involved with the Longaberger name and rumors as to why Tami Longaberger resigned, but that is for another story.
Let’s get on to the Longaberger Business Opportunity to find out if it is something that you would like to do to make extra money from home.
The Longaberger Company: Compensation Plan Intro
The Longaberger Compensation Plan is known as the Longaberger Dream Builder Plan and, like most multi level marketing companies, offers you a company that has the same values as you and offers to fit well into your life as you build a successful Longaberger Business.
When you sign up for the Longaberger Business Opportunity, you will get a personalized website and something they call an online home show. Although this sounds exciting, the main thing to consider is that you will need to stand out from the other 45,000 Longaberger Basket sellers who all have the same Longaberger online site.
This is where my coaching opportunity comes in (hint, hint)
Longaberger talks about fulfilling your dreams and their mission is to “Stimulate A Better Quality Life”.
If you have been following my mlm reviews, you know that this is a common theme among almost all mlm companies, especially the successful ones.
The multi level marketing company pulls at your desire to be wealthy and happy and provides a couple pages worth of this inspirational type messages before they get into the build of how to make money with the Longaberger compensation plan.
The Longaberger Company: Compensation Plan Levels
The Longaberger Compensation Plan consists of several levels which are:
- Home Consultant
- Senior Home Consultant
- Executive Home Consultant
- Management Bound Executive Home Consultant
- Senior Manager
- Senior Director
- Executive Director
Each level has the opportunity to earn money with the Longaberger Company with different levels of reimbursement.
Unlike most mlms, the Longaberger also stipulates the responsibilities of the each level of leadership. Most network marketing companies do not spell out their leadership expectations in their compensation plan to the extent that the Longaberger Company has done so this is pretty impressive.
However, LIKE most mlm companies that are home party oriented, one of the first two things the Longaberger Company wants you to do is tell your entire family and friend base that you are in business AND book 6 home parities.
You will need to have several basket samples in order to do this so I’m sure there is a Longaberger Starter Kit with several different options to choose from.
The Longaberger Company: Compensation Plan In Depth Rank Earnings
Each rank within the Longaberger Company Comp Plan earns in different ways. Each Rank in the Longaberger Company is listed below along with how you can make money at that rank.
- Up to 25% commission on personal sales volume
- Samples can be earned up to 50% off based on monthly sales credit
- Eligible for Longaberger Leads (this is a lot like the beachbody compensation plan) According to the checklist I found, you have to have $350 in sales per month to get this perk
- Eligible for some other bonuses dependent upon your sales.
Senior Home Consultant
- Sponsor another person (or more) as a Longaberger Home Consultant
- You can earn 1% override on your downline recruit sales and 0.5% of the showroom sales. (You have to have $350 in personal sales and at least one recruit in order to earn this)
- All of the same benefits of a Home Consultant
Executive Home Consultant
- Must have three qualified/active Longaberger Distributors in your downline
- Eligible to bank 2% override on recruit sales and 1% in showroom sales.
- All the same rights and benefits as the Senior Home Consultant
Management Bound Executive Home Consultant
- All the same as the Executive Home Consulant
- Invitation to Leader only meetings
- Special Training at Longaberger Biz Events
- You get a payout of the Overrides you accumulated from the prior ranks
- You must meet the Management Bound Executive Home Consultant rank for a minimum of two months.
- You must have SIX recruits below you
- Groups Sales must be $3000 or more.
- One recruit must meet the $350 sales volume
- You must meet the $350 sales volume
- 4% Override Sales for you and your recruits
- 3% showroom sales
- All of the benefits of the former level
- An exclusive “Manager Basket”
- News Release to your local paper
- A bit of celebrity status online with the Longaberger Company site
- Two Samples up to 50% discount
- Six Qualified Recruits in central group
- 12 consultant in your group meeting a sales volume of $6000
- Three recruits have to be making $350 or more in sales per month along with you
- Earn 6% override on the six qualified central recruits
- 3% overrides on the direct break offs
- 4% showroom sales on the 6 central recruits
- 2% showroom on the direct break offs
- A LOT of other rules apply to where it’s almost like you are no longer your own business and are working for the Longaberger company. Rules such as “Answer emails within 24 hours and making it to all manager meetings)
- All of the benefits of the former rank.
- A Promo Gift for this rank
- 9 central group recruits
- 20 within the groups that make a volume of $10,000 or more (The central group are the ones you sponsor…the break offs are the ones they can be sponsoring under you but you did not personally sponsor them)
- Four direct qualified recruits are making $350 in sales along with you
- 7% Override Sales on your recruits
- 4% on your break off organization
- 1% on the indirect break offs (Level 3 in your downline)
- 4% showroom sales on centeral
- 2% on showroom sales direct break offs
- 1% on showroom sales indirect break offs
- .a lot of extra responsibilities that generally come with working a 9 to 5 and NOT with a running your own company. There are mentioning of you doing things as asked and running company events as requested. Not my idea of a work for yourself type of business because you should be the one to dictate this if it is truly your own company.
- All the benefits of the former rank
- A minimum of 13 recruits in your central group
- 30 in your downline must have a group volume of $15,000
- Four directly qualified recruits have $350 along with you in personal sales
- Three direct manager levels or higher.
- 8% Override on central sales, 6% on showroom sales
- 5% on Direct Break off sales, 4% on showroom sales
- 2% on Indirect break off sales, 1% on showroom sales
- Many responsibilities.(see other high ranks)
- All the same as the former rank
- Professional Photo
- Life Insurance
- Free One way shipping on Product by Request
- Invite to April Retreat
- Special Treatment
- 19 direct qualified recruits in central group
- 50 in downline meeting a $25,000 sales goal
- Four recruits making $350 in personal sales along with your.
- You must have 5 direct Mangers or higher or a senior director break off in your downline
- 9% override sales in central, 6% showroom sales
- 5% override sales direct breakoff, 4% showroom sales
- 2% override Sales indirect breakoff, 1% showroom sales
- A gazillion other responsibilities and expectations that include established office hours.
- All of the benefits (if you call having to establish office hours that) of the former ranks
- Must have 28 Direct Qualified recruits in central group
- 100 in the group sales making a volume of $50,000
- $350 personal sales from you and four other recruits
- You must have 10 Direct managers or higher in your downline break offs
- 10% override sales on central, 6% showroom sales
- 6% override sales in direct break off, 4% showroom sales
- 2% override Sales indirect break off, 1% showroom sales
- Many responsibilities including maintaining direct communication with the home office. Stop kidding yourself, it’s a regular 9 to 5 job now….except without health benefits.
Should I join the Longaberger Business Opportunity?
The Longaberger Opportunity seems like it would be a good idea if you like the idea of selling baskets at home parties and tapping into your friends networks to try and sell and recruit basket sellers.
Probably the most disappointing thing I saw in the Longaberger Comp Plan was that the expectations of a normal 9 to 5 job started to creep in as the rank you would make went higher.
Things such as being required to keep scheduled office hours and being told that you have to answer emails within a certain time frame makes the Longaberger Home office your boss.
It kind of defeats the whole purpose of making your own business from home.
As a matter of a fact, if you had your own business from home, you would be dictating these things to yourself, not getting them from an higher “boss”.
So…if you are truly looking for an at home business opportunity where you build your own business, I say don’t join the Longaberger Business Opportunity because you’re not building your own company. You’re just a basket salesmen with a regular 9 to 5 job expectation type job.
The nice thing about the Job Killing Opportunity is that you can “fire” your clients if you want and you don’t have to work for anyone but yourself.
Check out the proof that Job Killing works and then think about if you would like to have that for yourself too.
Personally, I’ve made thousands because of this opportunity and I’m well on my way to leaving my teaching job far far away in the dust and never having to worry about a 9 to 5 again.
If you are serious about creating a solid business for yourself from home that YOU are in CHARGE of, then schedule a call and let’s get you on your way to learning how to dominate the internet and utilize it to make a killer income from home.
I hope to see you on the inside!
Leave a Reply